Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) Workshops
Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is a unique method of treatment. It is highly focused, directive, and controlled, yet wholly person-centered, non-interpretive, and nonjudgmental. In competent hands, TIR is a powerful tool for use in the rapid and successful resolution of virtually any trauma-related condition. TIR has also been successful in treating specific phobias, depression, and anxiety, as well as other unwanted feelings.
This workshop is appropriate for all levels of practicing social workers, psychologists, therapists, counselors, clergy, and critical incident stress debriefers.
TIR is one of four approaches to trauma investigated and emphatically endorsed by Drs. Charles Figley and Joyce Carbonell in their ground-breaking study at Florida State University.
28 contact hours
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Comprehend the mechanics of a conditioned response chain
- Define the Traumatic Incident Network
- Understand and apply the discipline that makes TIR effective
- Describe the procedural logic of Basic and Thematic TIR
- Define the roles of client and therapist in TIR
- Correctly identify the proper end point of a TIR procedure
- Employ TIR successfully in the rapid resolution of trauma-related conditions
- Employ unblocking for non-trauma related issues.
Calendar of TIR Workshops
November 30, December 1, 2 and 3, 2017
Location: South Florida Wellness Network, 2901 W Cypress Creek Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Trainer: Irene M. Rodriguez, LMHC, CAP, CCTP, Certified EMDR Therapist, Affiliate Trainer Institute for Creative Mindfulness, Certified TIR Trainer
Workshops involve ample and close one-on-one supervision.
Time 9 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Lunch (one hour)
To register and pay using PayPal:
For further information, please contact:
Irene M. Rodriguez, MS, LMHC, CAP, TIRF