Traumatic Incident Reduction Facilitator Professional Training
Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is a unique method of treatment. It is highly focused, directive, and controlled, yet wholly person-centered, non-interpretive, and nonjudgmental. In competent hands, TIR is a powerful tool for use in the rapid and successful resolution of virtually any trauma-related condition. TIR has also been successful in treating specific phobias, depression, and anxiety, as well as other unwanted feelings. This workshop will involve ample and close supervision. Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is listed on SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-Based: Programs and Practices www.tir-nrepp.org
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Comprehend the mechanics of a conditioned response chain
- Define the Traumatic Incident Network
- Understand and apply the discipline that makes TIR effective
- Describe the procedural logic of Basic and Thematic TIR
- Define the roles of client and therapist in TIR
- Correctly identify the proper end point of a TIR procedure
- Employ TIR successfully in the rapid resolution of trauma-related conditions
- Employ unblocking for non-trauma related issues.
*CONTINUING EDUCATION: This program is co-sponsored by Mindful Journey Center, LLC and Applied Metapsychology International(AMI). AMI is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor 28 CEU’s. AMI maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.