Welcome to Mindful Journey Center
Mindful Journey Center has been developed with the goal to create a safe and comfortable place where an individual can be guided in becoming a more grounded, happier and emotionally healthier individual. While we cannot change difficult situations in the past, we can work together to better comprehend and resolve challenges in your life. If you’re looking for support and direction through a challenging situation or you are just ready to change in a new path in your life, we look forward to work with you to accomplish your goals.
At Mindful Journey Center we use Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and Life Stress Resolution (LSR) and other Evidenced-Based techniques to help individual identify their areas of concerns, enables them to successfully confront their issues and discover their own conclusions, insights and resolutions. Mindful Journey Center is a safe and calm place where individuals receive effective and efficient interventions that help them to reduce their “emotional charge” and “negative sensations” that have been created due to negative past experiences and traumatic events. We incorporate a holistic approach where the connection between mind, body and spirit are addressed. This connection is needed to allow individuals to develop a connection with them and others.
Mindful Journey Center facilitates the help to individuals to conquer the personal growth they are striving for by providing a non-judging environment and supportive atmosphere and a highly personalized approach tailored to their individual needs. We provide a safe and calm place where individuals are able to resolve issues such as:
• Phobias and fears
• Relationship issues
• Trust issues
• Life changes
• Stress and anger management
• Addictive behaviors and self-defeating behaviors
• We also provide therapy and counseling services for young children and adolescents.
Using Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) perspective, trauma can be defined as any incident that has a negative physical or emotional impact on an individual. This is a very subjective issue as something could be perceived as traumatic by one individual, but not for another.
“Unlike most other forms of psychotherapy, Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is about extracting the pain rather than adding skills.” – Susan Sluiter
Mindful Journey Center provides support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, body image issues, addictive and self- defeating behaviors, and unwanted body sensations. At Mindful Journey Center we help individuals to achieve personal growth, improve interpersonal relationships, deal with family concerns, resolve marriage issues, and help them to improve their quality of life in general.
EMDR Therapy for the Treatment of Emotional Trauma. In the EMDR Therapy process, the therapist works with the client to identify a specific problem that will be the focus of treatment. The client describes the traumatic incident, from which he is helped by the therapist to select the most important and most distressing aspects of that incident. While the client makes eye movements (or any other Dual Attention Stimulus), other parts of the traumatic memory or other memories come to mind. The therapist interrupts eye movements every so often to ensure the client is processing properly.
Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and Life Stress Resolutions (LSR) can help individuals to:
• Increase self-awareness and understanding of yourself, your goals and values.
• Resolve traumatic memories and painful life experience.
• Reduce and/or resolve unwanted body sensations, attitudes, feelings, pains, and emotions.
• Identify and Resolve the core issues of anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures.
• Improve communication and relationships.
• Identify the root of addictive & self-defeating behaviors allowing a change to more constructive behavior patterns.
• Discover and gain new insight about how solve problems in family or marriage.
• Improve your self-esteem, self-confidence, resolve body image issues.
• Resolve job/career upsets and concerns.
• Reduce and resolve fear of the future and the unknown.
Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is a series of techniques which, when used by a competent trained facilitator, has proven to be effective in addressing and resolving most of the symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other unwanted sensations after effects of trauma. Many people do not have PTSD still suffer from accidents, major losses, physical injuries and many other painful life experiences such as divorce, emotional and physical abuse, financial stress and others. Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is a client centered approach that facilitates to an individual to address and resolve unwanted feelings, emotions, sensations, attitudes, pains, etc.
Life Stress Resolution (LSR) can relieve emotional pain and bring clarity and comfort to a variety of difficult issues such as challenging relationships, low self- esteem, body image concerns, job/career problems, financial issues, anxiety, fears and others. LSR help individual to increase a positive state of mind and bring insight and self-realizations.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact Irene Rodríguez, LMHC by phone (954) 376-0496 or by email: email@example.com.
What to Expect
Our goal at Mindful Journey Center is to provide a person-centered environment where individuals, couples and families feel in a safe place where they can resolve the issues that brought them to services.
We provided person-centered services where the following can be expected:
• A safe and non-judgmental place to resolve the core of issues that brought individual therapy.
• Total exploration of individual’s concerns and understanding.
• Total attention on the individual while in session.
• Before the session, the counselor/facilitator will ensure that the individual is “session ready” in order to proceed with any intervention.
• Sessions are conducted in a confidential, calm and comfortable environment.
• A personal case plan developed based on the individual list of interest and distress levels.
If an individual consent to participate in the Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and Life Stress Resolution (LSR), this individual will benefit from permanent change and relief, in some cases, years of emotional pain. Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) can be applied successfully to almost all psychological problems and disorders.
“Real resolution of traumatic stress is possible, with person retaining the ability to remember and make use of any knowledge gained during traumatic events, but free of the pain, effort, charge and resistance s/he had been carrying around with those incidents.”
– Marian K. Volkman